Are you an academic who is struggling to find your voice and to communicate your arguments? Here are possible reasons why:
- long sentences that cloud your ideas
- tendency to fall back on your mother tongue
- confusion about the use of tenses
- vocabulary that is not varied enough
- the use of the passive voice
These, and other stylistic and grammatical choices (and errors) could compromise the readability of your texts, sow the seeds of confusion and reduce the impact that your academic contributions can have on your readership. With my love of English and of academia I can help you create texts that communicate and connect to your audience, and support you in creating texts you can be proud of.
Copyediting of texts on culture
I edit academic texts on culture in the broadest sense of the term, because all aspects of culture fascinate me. Call me at 0640312946 or email infoATnandinibedi.com so I can support you to:
- sharpen the arguments of your text
- structure your paper, book or dissertation effectively
- express yourself clearly and correctly in the word limit allotted
- ensure that your text connects to your readers and creates the impact that you want
How I work
I read through sections of the text, and dialogue with you about what I have perceived, given the purpose and audience of your text. We come to an understanding about what needs to be done to get it to the level you would like to see it at, and the time I would need to accomplish this. We formalise our decisions, and I get to work using track changes on Microsoft Word. You receive the document with my changes and get back to me if you have queries with regard to my edits and comments. We finalise the text.
I have three different rates for text editing, depending on what is required.
- Light editing: this involves minimal intervention. My services are limited to ensuring consistency and correctness. Rate: 40 Euros an hour
- Medium editing: with this, there would be some interventions in use of language in addition to the points included in light editing. Rate: 50 Euros per hour
- Heavy editing: here the interventions would be much greater, and include bringing the language to a higher level as well as making editing choices involving form and style. Rate: 60 Euros per hour.